Last week my goals were to:
- Finish Bed
- Draft Room Layout
- Find solution for art storage
- Reconfigure book and clothing storage
|Bed Painting 'workshop'|
I also decided I wanted to do a top coat. I have no idea if it will help the paint hold up or not, I mean I did sand and prime it, but it's way more work than I thought, so it seemed some easy insurance that I did everything I could!!
I drafted a bunch of room layouts. Then I realized I only painted one of the bunk bed rails and I'm not sure I"ll get another one painted and ready in time, so I went back to the drawing board with the side rail I had. I think I've got it figured out, but because I'm an engineer and because my drawing was done with no scale, no straight edge and in my journal one night in bed I'm going to refrain from sharing it.
And I decided on a project for art storage. Actually, I decided that I already have a solution for actual art storage in my house. (I'm pretty proud of it, too)
I decided what he really should have is a bulletin board. But he's 2, and his little brother is 1, so anything with tacks, pins, or anything else sharp or easily chocked on what's realy going to work. I spent an irordinate amount of time trying to make a board, but I can officially choke that up as a failure. I chose some frames instead. :)
The final task this week was REALLY working on the hype. Along with the big boy bed change is another major change; so long paci. We've been talking about it for months already, but I really amped it up this week. We'll see if the long prep time helps at all.
Convince big guy he's a big guy