The problem is, I don't have the towel (it lives at Grandma's house). So it became a slightly involved process to figure out how to make the towel come out like I intended.
I decided to try a contrasting towel for the hood. After making the towels, I'm undecided if I'd do a contrasting color again or not, as it draws a bit more attention to the seams and part of the towel body ends up acting as part of the hood on bigger kids. (Okay, I don't have bigger kids, so what I really mean is me!)
Each hooded towels needs one full size bath towel and half of a hand towel. I chose a contrasting towel that I could use for both boys. No waste!
I washed and ironed the towels. It was the first time in my life I've ever ironed a towel, but I'm glad I did. The seams on the edge of the towel smoothed out nicely and made sewing the seams much easier.
I measured and cut the hand towel in half.
|Pins for the fold on the hood.|
Next, I folded the 'right' side of the towel in and on itself and stitched the rough edges. I used a zig zag stitch on the hood fold, but decided on a regular stitch here.
|Pinning the Hood|
I tried and tried to get a picture of the boys in their towels, but it was just too hard to get a picture a decent picture of two naked, wet, slippery boys! But take my word fot it, they were adorable!